9 jobs you can do entirely on your phone
Get the Full StoryGleb Leonov Strelka Institute Flickr
There are several jobs out there that require little more than a smartphone to do.
They include online tutoring, market research, and advertising products on social media.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Smartphones have redefined what it means to work from home.
As working remotely becomes more and more common, technology is allowing workers to break away from the traditional work-from-home setup a home office with a computer on the desk and a phone and notepad close at hand.
Many jobs these days don't require a dedicated workspace or even a computer. In fact, it's entirely possible to make money with your smartphone as your only resource.
And when paired with a reliable vehicle, a willingness to log miles on foot, or an appreciable technical or linguistic skill, a smartphone job can present full-time employment.
Here are 9 jobs you can do using your smartphone and little or nothing else.Tech support
VFS Digital Design Flickr
If you have expertise with various types of software or hardware, you can get a job as a technical support expert with just a phone though a computer might help . Glassdoor estimates the average base pay for remote tech support workers at about 35,800, a living wage if you live in many smaller US cities or towns or in a rural location.
There are several programs that you can use to connect to people trying to learn a foreign language, and in most cases, the only skill you need is a solid command of your own native tongue. A native English speaker with a smartphone can use a program like NiceTalk to make about 10 an hour. Not a killing, but easy enough work that you can do from the sofa or bed.
Gleb Leonov Strelka Institute Flickr
You're already sitting there using your phone all day, right? So why not use it to test new apps and consult with their developers, helping streamline the software and earning some cash? You can use a platform like AppNana to become a smartphone app tester and earn gift cards, free software, and more.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:43 high-paying jobs for people who don't like stress9 remote jobs that let you travel around the world8 side hustles that are actually scamsSEE ALSO: 8 side hustles that are actually scams
DON'T MISS: 7 things the average person can flip for a profit
- The 3-letter word that's missing from the showdown with Iran
- 29 questions 'Stranger Things' season 3 left unanswered
- Boeing just announced a major leadership shuffle for its troubled 737 Max team, and the head of the program is out BA
- The 'Lion King' reviews are in and critics are saying Disney's remake is beautiful to behold, but lacks soul
- A viral video of a girl licking equipment at a doctor's office led to her mom's arrest
- This 13 toothbrush has bristles on both sides, which makes it easier for my toddler to brush her own teeth
- Trader Joe's is now selling its own boozy lemonade, and it will only cost you 8 for a pack
- Santos on UFC 239 decision: I wasn t too hopeful I would win
- The Texas oil boom is messing with OPEC's plans to keep prices high
More in Business...
Mitt Romney said everyone in the Senate is 'really nice' except for Bernie Sanders, who 'just kind of scowls'