These Unreal Pics of the 2019 Super Bloom Will Have You Booking a Flight to SoCal ASAP
Get the Full StorySpring is upon us, and flowers are in bloom - though, in the case of Southern California, they're in super bloom. About once every decade, SoCal experiences what is known as a "super bloom," when the area's dreamy wildflowers wildly exceed its typical Spring blooms. The last super bloom occurred in 2017, but flower-lovers and Instagram users alike are in luck this year because - due to the right combination of rain, favorable temperatures, and lack of damaging winds - California was gifted two super blooms in just two years, and it's seriously a sight to see.
People have been flocking to Joshua Tree National Park, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, Diamond Valley Lake, and Walker Canyon in Lake Elsinore to capture these gorgeous flowers firsthand, and we couldn't be more grateful for the 'grams posted as a result of this phenomenon. Read on to see some of the most breathtaking pics of this year's super bloom so far.
Important note: if you do you go, make sure you stay on designated trails and avoid stepping on or picking the blooms. Treat our ecosystem with care for future generations to enjoy!
Just 34 Stunning Photos of Cherry Blossoms That'll Make You Bloom With Happiness
- Add a Pop of Color to Your Workout Wardrobe With These Pastel-Colored Pieces
- Ducks Weekly Episode 22 Tease
- Ducks owners open Great Parks Ice
- WATCH: Brewers Yelich, Aguilar homer in third inning
- Rare display: Packers introduce 4 free agents
- Show Off Your Shoulders in These 19 Strapless Dresses - They're Perfect For Spring
- Two months shy of giving birth, Dern eyes October UFC return
- Afghan official blasts US talks with Taliban
- Another example of #WomanCrossing; when women cross their legs and take up the front seats space. I wanted to sit here, but instead of asking them to let me seat I created a hashtag on social networks because I'm a big, fragile victim.